Before our travel credits will expire, I and my siblings (my sister and my youngest brother) decided to find a country to go to that are now open to tourist. Then we found Singapore. 🙂 Through this blog, I will be sharing the travel requirements we prepared as we visit this beautiful, sunny and tropical country in Southeast Asia.
Please stay tuned as I will be sharing our Singapore itinerary and guide, as we travel in today’s new normal.
SINGAPORE TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS 2022
This checklist is for all travelers, including Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents, entering Singapore from any country/region via air, land, or sea, and are:
- Fully vaccinated with WHO EUL COVID-19 vaccines;* OR
- Aged 12 and below (i.e. born in or after 2010)
*To be considered fully vaccinated, travelers must have taken at least one dose of Janssen/J&J, or at least 2 doses of AstraZeneca, Covaxin, Moderna/Spikevax, Covishield, Novavax, Pfizer/BioNTech/COMIRNATY, Sinovac or Sinopharm. Mixtures and boosters of these WHO EUL vaccines, and recovery from COVID-19 with vaccination, are also acceptable. For a full definition of acceptable vaccinations and dose intervals for entry to Singapore, refer to this page.
As per Government regulations, guests bound for Singapore must present printed copies of the following travel requirements upon check-in:
For fully vaccinated guests:
- Obtain proof of vaccination and upload the vaccination certificate onto the Vaccination Check PortalTravellers who had earlier recovered from COVID-19 and taken 1 dose of a WHO EUL vaccine thereafter must present acceptable proof of the first diagnosis date in addition to the vaccination certificate.
- Secure tickets for any flight to Singapore
- Download the TraceTogether app and register your profile
- Complete your SG Arrival Card (SGAC) up to 3 days before your arrival in Singapore. The SG arrival card (SGAC) is a simple and free arrival declaration of your travel and health details. You are exempted from submitting your SGAC if you are a Singapore Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Long-Term Pass Holder arriving by Land.
Upon the completion of your SGAC, you will receive an email acknowledgment which you can present for smoother pre-boarding and immigration checks.
- 2 days before departure: If you are entering by air or sea, take a COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) or professionally-administered Antigen Rapid Test (ART)
For guests who are not fully vaccinated:
Currently, non-fully vaccinated short-term visitors are generally not allowed entry into Singapore except visitors with other valid entry approval (e.g. for compassionate reasons).
Your pre-departure checklist:
- Obtain entry permissions: Submit an application here
- 2 days before departure: Take a COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) or professionally-administered Antigen Rapid Test (ART)
- Upon arrival: Undergo a 7-day Stay Home Notice (SHN) at any pre-booked accommodation
- After completion of SHN: Undergo a PCR test
These are the requirements we have as of the date indicated. Requirements may change from time to time without prior notice. Please continue checking with the Singapore government for the latest updates.
If you are a fully vaccinated Filipino like us, here’s what we had prepared: