The SSS portal is a great app for checking your SSS records, applying for a salary loan, and knowing the status of your benefit claim anytime.
Who Can Register for an Online Account?
The SSS encourages all members to complete their SSS online registration from the My.SSS Portal. You can sign up if you belong to any of the following member categories:
- Employees with SSS coverage
- Self-employed or voluntary members
- Overseas Filipino workers (OFWs)
- Unemployed spouses with at least one-month posted SSS contribution
- Kasambahays and other household employees
How Can I Register in SSS Online?
In registering to your SS Membership portal you need to have a valid SSS number and at least one posted SSS contribution.
For new SSS member registration, the first step is to fill out the Personal Record/ Unified Multi-Purpose ID (UMID) Card Application Form (E-1/E-6) online. Once you have your SSS number, you can proceed with the registration.
Step 1: Go to the SSS online registration page
Access the SSS Member Portal (member.sss.gov.ph/members) and click on the link at the bottom of the page that says “Not yet registered in My.SSS?”
This will take you to the Online Member User ID Registration page that shows you eight options. Choose one piece of information you’ve previously registered in SSS.
- Savings account number / Citibank cash card / UBP Quick Card / UMID – ATM savings account number registered in SSS
- Mobile number registered in SSS
- UMID card
- Employer ID number / Household employer ID number
- Paid payment reference number / SBR No. / Payment receipt transaction number
- Date of the last loan
- Transaction number in your Personal Record/Unified Multi-Purpose ID (UMID) Application (E-1/E-6) (only for online SS Number applicants from December 10, 2020 onward)
- Check number of any SSS monthly pension
Step 2: Fill out the required information in the SSS online form
Make sure to leave no required field blank or incorrectly filled out. Some tips to keep in mind:
- If your last name and/or given name exceeds the character limit, just use the format of your name on your SSS ID or UMID card. You may contact the SSS hotline (920-6446 to 55) if you don’t have your ID card right now.
- You can leave the Middle Name field blank if you don’t have a middle name.
- To input your date of birth, use the drop-down calendar to prevent an error in your SSS online registration.
- If you’ve chosen “UMID CARD” in Step 1, the online form will ask for your UMID card pin code.
- Don’t have the pin code yet? You have to activate your UMID card first in the SSS information terminal at select SSS branches.
- Don’t forget to enter the CAPTCHA code at the bottom of the page and tick the small box next to “I accept the Terms of Service.”
When you’re done, double-check all information. Click the Submit button. A short message will appear to confirm the successful submission of your enrollment for SSS online registration. Click OK.
Step 3: Check your email after 30 minutes
After you submit your online membership application, the SSS will validate your info against its records. If they match, you’ll receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org after half an hour. The message contains an activation link and your user ID.
Can’t find the SSS email in your main inbox? If the email address you provided is not Yahoo Mail (e.g., Gmail, Hotmail, etc.), check your Spam folder for a message from the SSS.
Step 4: Activate your My.SSS account
Done with all the SSS online registration steps? Now you have to activate your SSS online account.
Once you receive the email from the SSS, click on the activation link. You need to activate your SSS account immediately or for up to five days. Or else, the activation link will expire and you’ll have to register again.
Clicking on the link will direct you to a page where you’ll be required to create a password and re-type to confirm it. Be sure your password meets these requirements:
- Eight to 20 alphanumeric numbers
- The first character is an alphabet
- No special characters
- Must be different from your user ID
When you’re done, click the Submit button. If the two passwords match, you’ll be taken immediately to the login page.
What Can Members Do on the My.SSS Portal?
After successfully logging in at the My.SSS portal login page, you’ll be taken to the homepage with links to five main pages:
- Member Info
- Payment Reference Number (PRN)
- Real-Time Processing of Loans (RTPL) PRN
How Can I Get My SSS User ID and Password Online?
Forgot your My.SSS user ID or password? Here are the steps to retrieving your account and changing your password.
- Go to www.sss.gov.ph and tick on the box that says “I’m not a robot”. Click Submit.
- Next, under Portals, click on Member. You’ll then be taken to the SSS Member Login Portal.
- Click on “Forgot User ID or Password” and then choose from two methods to retrieve your user ID or password: by registered email address or by answering security questions.
- If you choose email, key in your CRN/SS number and input the code that you see on the screen. Click Submit.
- Next, click the link in the email to reset your password. Key in your preferred password. Click Submit, and then OK to continue.
- If you want to reset your account using security questions, enter your CRN/SS number and then click Search.
- Answer the security questions, and then tick the box that says “I’m not a robot.’ Click Submit.
- Type your preferred password twice. Click Submit and then click OK.
- You can now log in using your new user ID and password.
Remember to protect your My.SSS login details. Never ask or allow anyone to log in to your account to reset your password, apply for a loan, or file a claim for you.