How To Get TIN ID
What Is a TIN Card?
The Tax Identification Number (TIN) ID Card is a government-issued identification card recognized as one of the valid IDs in the Philippines.
The TIN card is issued by the BIR for free and is made of yellowish paper or thin cardboard with the BIR logo. However, taxpayers who will be requesting a replacement of a lost/damaged TIN card will be charged Php 100. It doesn’t need to be renewed and is one of the requirements in applying for a job.
What Are the TIN ID Requirements?
Taxpayers who already registered with BIR only need to present one government-issued ID when applying for a TIN ID. However, first-time taxpayers must bring the following requirements to their respective RDOs to apply for a TIN number and TIN ID at the same time.
- Duly accomplished BIR registration form (BIR Form 1902 or 1904)
- 1 valid government-issued ID
- Community Tax Certificate (CEDULA)
- NSO Birth Certificate
- 1 x 1 picture
- Marriage certificate/contract (if applicable)
Where Can I Get My TIN ID?
To get a TIN ID, you must know the nearest BIR office at your place. You can check the list of BIR Revenue District Offices on this link.
- Bring the requirements and go to the local BIR Office.
- Fill up the TIN application form.
- BIR Form 1901 – For self-employed and mixed-income individuals.
- BIR Form 1902 – For individuals earning purely compensation income and nonresidents citizens.
- and others. Ask for assistance if needed.
- Submit the application form and present the valid ID or NSO Birth Certificate.
- Wait for the Tax Identification Number.
- Request for a TIN ID.
How to Apply for a TIN ID Online
The more convenient way to apply for a TIN ID is through the online application called BIR eRegistration System. As mentioned, apply only if you still don’t have a Tax Identification Number. As printed at the back of the TIN ID, any person who secures and/or uses more than one TIN shall be criminally liable and shall be punishable by fine and imprisonment.
The online application for TIN ID is for self-employed individuals only. To get started, follow the steps below:
- Go to BIR eRegistration System.
- Read the information displayed on the webpage.
- After reading, fill up the Basic Taxpayer Information Form.
- Click the submit button and wait for an email from BIR.
For any BIR-related concerns, you may reach BIR’s Customer Assistance Division
You can contact the Customer Assistance Division via hotline no. 8538-2000 or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
ALSO READ: NBI CLEARANCE APPLICATION GUIDE